This 1954 photo shows what is now a block of apartments on the corner of George and Kerr streets. It was originally a MacRobertsons chocolate and confectionery factory building. The major external changes include the removal of the huge chimney and the addition of another level on top. Compared to the nearby new cheesegrater monstrosity, this renewal of former factories to housing is fabulous and practical.
Courtesy of Museum Victoria / ID: MM 57030 / photographer: Laurie Richards Studio / copyright: expired – image is in the public domain / c1954