Search engine optimisation (SEO)
Are you making the most of your website by ensuring that Google and other search engines index it efficiently, so in turn people searching for the content and services you provide can easily find what they are looking for?
Search engine visibility, speed, security and accessibility are now all interconnected aspects of website optimisation. Google takes all these factors into account when determining the position of your website’s pages in search results.
Achieving good search engine optimisation (SEO) requires structuring your site in a way that makes sense to users and to Google, writing comprehensive content that explains your point of difference (to users) and providing meta-data that explains the content (to Google).
However good content will not be recognised by Google and indexed well if the platform containing it is badly constructed or poorly structured.
Technical SEO refers to settings in your content management system or the server hosting your website that determine how it works and how Google indexes it.
Fixing technical errors with your site can improve your SEO as much as improving your content.
A good website needs to have good security with an SSL certificate and implementing the HSTS standard. These are set up on the server.
Your website will load faster if you use HTTP/2 (which only works with an SSL certificate), minimise bloated code through minification, optimise image sizes and implement caching, lazy loading and other techniques.
Improve your site’s SEO
I can assist by:
- Conducting a security, speed and SEO audit to determine what needs to be done ordered by priority
- Ensuring your site generates an XML sitemap
- Establishing a profile for your site in Google Search Console
- Implementing technical improvements such as SSL, HTTP/2 and HSTS
- Reviewing Google Analytics data to determine what content is working well and what content is being ignored by your users, which indicates it is not meeting a need and thus should be rewritten.