Search engine optimisation (SEO)
Are you making the most of your website by ensuring that Google and other search engines can see it, so in turn people searching for the content and services you provide can easily find what they are looking for?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) means structuring your site in a way that makes sense to users and to Google, writing comprehensive content that explains your point of difference (to users) and providing meta-data that explains the content (to Google).
SEO, speed and security
Search engine visibility, speed, security and accessibility are now all interconnected aspects of website optimisation.
A good website needs to have good security with an SSL certificate, load fast (using HTTP/2), be responsive and meet accessibility standards. Achieving good accessibility for content is effectively also good SEO, as is improving site speed and security.
Google takes all these factors into account when determining the position of your website’s pages in search results.
Fixing technical errors with your site, improving the information architecture, adding an SSL and implementing speed improvements like minification, HTTP/2, image lazy loading and caching can improve your SEO as much as improving your content.
I can assist by:
- Conducting a security, speed and SEO audit to determine what needs to be done
- Ensuring your site generates an XML sitemap
- Establishing a profile for your site in Google Search Console
- Implementing technical improvements such as SSL, HTTP/2, caching and lazy loading
- Reviewing Google Analytics data to determine what content is working well and what content is being ignored by your users, which indicates it is not meeting a need and thus should be rewritten.