Do you have a website that has become disorganised and confusing to navigate? Do you need help to update existing content, or to add new sections to your site?
Professional writing, editing and content management skills are required to maintain a consistent expert voice for your organisation as it is expressed through your website and social media profiles.
I am an experienced writer and editor and have completed projects from corporate annual reports to academic monographs and journals. I can apply these skills to your digital publications.
Writing and editing skills
- Writing new content for your existing site
- Editing and updating existing content
- Writer / journalist / academic author
- Copy and structural editing.
- Adding images to your site
- Preparing documents designed to be downloaded
- Publishing videos in YouTube and embedding them in your website
- Publishing audio files like podcasts online and promoting them.
Perhaps you need help understanding how to restructure the sections in your site as your business changes. This structure is known as information architecture and it has a significant impact on user experience and search engine optimisation.
- Auditing and reorganising the structure of your website
- Creating new menus and navigation to make it easier to find content
- Developing taxonomies (categories and tags) that are used to further structure and sort your content.
Audits and migrations
A common task is auditing existing sites that are to be transitioned to new content management systems, redesigned or rebranded.
I determine what content should be kept, what should be discarded and what topics lack existing content and require new content to be written to fill the gaps.
- Content management for intranets, websites and social media profiles
- Managing publishing and production projects
- Administering contracts, copyright and permissions.
Marketing and advertising
Many organisations don’t know how to best spend a limited budget on digital content management. Compensating for a poorly built website with online advertising can be expensive and may fail to achieve results. The correct solution is to implement technical SEO best practice to ensure Google wants to index your site organically.